Thursday, December 5, 2013

Northern Holiday

Spent the last three days with my family up in the north on holiday. In order not to destroy the family part of the holiday (Like I did in summer at Eilat), I decided to leave my big lens and scope at home. On Tuesday afternoon we visited Agamon Hula. The weather was pretty bad but still I took the kids on the mobile hide tour which was awesome. I had OK views of the long-staying Bean Goose (3rd record for Israel; am I the only Israeli birder who has bothered to see all three?) feeding among the cranes. Nothing else extraordinary.
On Wednesday afternoon we visited Gamla NR which was beautiful. Apart for the scenery I had one Black Vulture among the 15 Griffons, the pair of Bonelli's Eagles showed well, and some winter classics there - Rock Sparrows, Little Swifts, Crag Martins, Finsch's Wheatears and Blue Rock Thrushes. On the way in we bumped into this Red Fox with beautiful winter fur - It was close enough for my 28-135 mm lens to get a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment