Friday, October 5, 2012

Ringing birding ringing birding

The last week has been very busy for me. Every day I did some fieldwork - either ringing or counting raptors or other stuff. I am now very tired but this is such a great period to be out - so many birds everywhere.

Tuesday morning I joined a large ringing session at Ein rimon again. Another good catch of Black-eared Wheatears, with lots of sylvias, Spotted Flys and Whinchat as supporting cast.

Eastern Black-eared Wheatear - adult male

Eastern Black-eared Wheatear - 1cy male

Whinchat - 1cy (see the moult limit in GC)


This morning I went ringing with Meidad at the alfalfa field near my house. it was my first time ringing in the newly-planted field, and I still need to learn the bird movements in the field to improve the catch next time, but still we had a good catch of Red-throated Pipits (95% adults). In addition we had a mix of good birds - Whinchats, Corn buntings, Tree Pipits etc.

Red-throated Pipit - 1cy

Red-throated Pipit - 2cy+ (male I guess)

Greater Short-toed Lark

Corn Bunting

Some arrivals seen included White Wagtails, Water Pipits, Lapwings etc.
Thanks to Meidad for the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment