Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hula Festival day 4

Today I took my group to Ma'agan Michael, and we had a terrific day. Jonathan and his reporters' group follow us wherever we go, thus Stephen Menzie has very similar posts to mine. Birding was good with lots of common, big and colourful birds (herons, gulls, kingfishers etc.), rarities and scarcities for the European visitors (best were Siberian buff-bellied Pipit, 15 Temminck's Stints and 10 Citrine Wagtails), and good Israeli rarities for myself - Bar-tailed Godwit, Gannet, Eurasian Curlew and several Med Gulls.

Bar-tailed Godwit


Eurasian Spoonbill
It wasn't me who flushed them!

Citrine Wagtail - 1cy male
Having fun on the beach:

A short visit to Atlit saltpans was very nice with more big, colouful birds.

Greater Flamingo

Mediterranean Gull - 1cy
Exciting news from the south today - James Smith struck gold again with a Blyth's Pipit at Yotvata. See the rarities page for full details.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yoav,
    Excellent coverage of sightings at the festival. Your blog is motivational. Brilliant photos that make me wish I was present. Thanx for sharing. I will be coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete