Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recent updates

Yesterday my family came for a visit, and together we constructed a new pond in my garden. It is not large (2X2 m), but with the correct vegetation should attract many birds. I live in an arid zone, so any water source is good for birds. Already fantasizing about Israel's first Yellow-browed Bunting coming in to drink...

My brother Gidon and his daughter Shira mixing cement (in the background my future photo-hide):

My dog Bamba enjoying the coolness of the newly-dug soil by the pond:

There are lots of good sibes around (see here), but today I was stuck at home with my kids, thanks to Hammas and Jihad (I live inside the rocket zone). I took the kids for a quick look at the Bet Kama alfalfa field, near our house. Slowly it is proving to be a quality site, holding good birds constantly. Today, among the hundreds of common pipits and skylarks, I had 1 Oriental Skylark and 2 Lesser Short-toed Larks. A juv Merlin killed a pipit metres away from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment