Monday, September 27, 2010

Crex crex crex

Yesterday I released three Corncrakes that were found exhausted or injured, and treated at the NPA Wildlife Hospital. I met up with Yosef and his team at Tsor'a and we ringed the birds. All flew or crept off well. Corncrakes are an evolutionary miracle. I do not understand how they managed to survive millions of years like this. I have seen in my life by far more dead, dying, injured, exhausted or simply stupid corncrakes than healthy ones. To me it is of no surprise that they are endangered.

I have problems uploading videos at the moment, hope to have some release vidoes here soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yoav, regarding video on your blog, it is best to upload your video to YouTube, then copy the "embed" link from YouTube and paste into your new post. I hope this helps. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yoav,

    according to BirdLife Corncrakes have changed their status and are not under threat any more.

    http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/index.html?action=SpcHTMDetails.asp&sid=2878&m=0

    so maybe there is a miracle out there...

    ReplyDelete