Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back in business

Noam is out of hospital, feeling well, and we are back to normal. Thanks to all those who showed interest.

Today I went with my older son Uri to Tzor'a and joined Yosef ringing there. We got there pretty late but still ringed some Great Reed Warbler, one Willow Warbler, Kingfishers etc. Nice autumn morning. About 100 Honey Buzzards took off from the nearby forest.

In the afternoon I tried to intercept stork migration in the Judean Desert for photogrpahy. I joined Noam and together we had many storks - about 11000 between 14:00 - 16:00, but they were all distant and ridiculously high (2-3 km altitude is my estimate). So no images at all, but even after all those years of watching and studying migration in Israel, watching a single thermal of 5000 storks is an awesome sight. There was good swift action, mainly alpines but 3-4 Little Swifts were hawking insects along the clifftop.

(This image is from 2008...)

No comments:

Post a Comment