Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nubian Nightjar & Desert Eagle Owl

I spent the day in the Arava Valley with our USFS partners, introducing them to the Atlas project I'm coordinating. It was a very productive day professionaly, but not too many birds around - pretty bad weather with high winds and sandstorms. The effect of last week's floods in the Arava are already evident, and green stuff is everywhere. March looks very promising.
In the evening I met up with Thijs & Paul (Netherlands), and Mike and Chris joined us too. and we had a successful evening at Neot Hakikar. We had OK views of a female nightjar, which is pretty good for this time of the year. But even better were cracking views of a Desert Eagle Owl sat on a heap 10 meters away! Unfortunately I was too slow and didn't get my camera out fast enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment